Last Updated: March 30, 2017
This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), view the FTC website at www.ftc.gov.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information.
- Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information includes information that can be used to personally identify you, including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, e-mail address, Social Security Number, demographic information, banking and income information along with your loan preferences, other personally identifying information, and any other personally identifiable information which you submit to us through the registration process at the site (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”).
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-personally identifiable information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, including, but not limited to, anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit, preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks, and any other non-personally identifying demographic data or online activity data (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “Non-PII”) (Collectively, PII and Non-PII are known as “Information”).
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
- Other Sources. We may obtain Information about you from third parties such as: credit reports, information about your home and demographic information. We do not pull a hard inquiry relating to your credit bureau report rather a soft inquiry is performed in order to assist in complying with federal, state and local laws relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Identity theft. None of the information obtained is shared with any matched service provider relating to your inquiry, rather the information may only be accessed by and disclosed to DPR Systems employees with a legitimate business need to know in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Information such as Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth (DOB), address and phone number may be verified by third parties to assist in the prevention of identity theft, consumer identification and verification. DPR Systems takes your privacy seriously and performs these checks using best practices according to industry standards and does not alter or change the information you provide in your inquiry form.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
- In General: Information, both PII and Non-PII, may be used to:
- Deliver the products and services you requested;
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- Research and analyze your use of, or interest in, our products, services and content and the products, services and content offered by Lenders that you choose for your financial needs;
- Communicate with you via e-mail, telephone, postal mail and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and display content and services tailored to your interests on our website;
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as described to you at the time of collection.
BE AWARE THAT THE LENDERS WITH WHOM YOU ARE MATCHED MAY RETAIN OR USE YOUR INFORMATION WHETHER OR NOT YOU USE THEIR SERVICES AND YOU SHOULD CONTACT THESE LENDERS DIRECTLY CONCERNING THEIR PRIVACY AND INFORMATION SHARING PRACTICES WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM LOANSHOP.
In general, the PII you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
- Financial Information. Depending on the service requested, we may use your financial information, including if that information is PII, to: match you with lenders, provide you with lenders’ conditional loan offers, auto dealers, auto lenders, personal loan providers, etc. as well as to verify your identity, protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, or otherwise as needed to manage our business.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf including, but not limited to service providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with your request for a loan or the funding, sale and/or servicing of your loan. These third parties include, without limitation credit bureaus, title companies, flood or other insurance companies, appraisal companies, escrow companies, closing agents, marketing and customer services firms, credit card, or entities that provide business analysis or website support. These third parties may have access to PII needed to perform their functions.
- Other Situations Which May Require Disclosure. We also may disclose your information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; or to enforce our websites’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies;
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- In connection with state and/or federal licensing requirements wherein reporting of information regarding your inquiry to the closing of your loan. You authorize DPR Systems to obtain any and all necessary information required from the Lender you choose to report back any and all required information relating to the disposition of your request. For example, if the loan closed, if you withdrew the request, if you were not approved. In addition, under current reporting requirements the lender may provide to DPR Systems the loan you selected, the terms of the same, fees, rate, APR etc. in order to comply with current laws and regulations;
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency; and/or
If you do not want your Information shared as described above, then you should not provide us with your Information.
- HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement industry standard security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help protect and safeguard your Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition to the restrictions outlined above, we require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your PII between your system and ours, we use secure socket layer technology, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your PII. Your account is protected by your account password. We urge you to keep your Information safe by creating a sophisticated password, not disclosing your password to anyone, and logging out of your account after each use.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CREATE A COMPLETELY SECURE SYSTEM. WE CANNOT PROMISE NOR GUARANTEE THAT YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF SUCH FIREWALLS AND SECURE SERVER SOFTWARE. WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE NOR SHOULD YOU EXPECT THAT YOUR PII, SEARCHES OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS WILL ALWAYS REMAIN SECURE. WE TAKE EVERY REASONABLE PRECAUTION TO PREVENT SUCH A SCENARIO FROM OCCURING.
Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their PII. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
- THIRD PARTY POLICIES AND WEBSITE LINKS
- UPDATING AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The appropriate method for accessing your Information, if any, is through your online LoanShop account. You may have the ability to view or edit some of your information online. If you have submitted a loan request with us, you can update your personal information by contacting our support team at email@example.com
- CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in the inability to use certain features of our websites or receive certain products or services. Public forums are not intended for the disclosure of PII. To the extent you provide PII in any public forum, it is at your own risk.
- Federal and state regulations require that we store completed loan requests for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information from our database until the expiration of the applicable period.
- VISITING OUR WEBSITES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
- SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
You have the right to control whether we share some of your personal information. Please read the following information carefully before you make your choices below.
We are required by the California Financial Information Privacy Act to provide this notice to you annually.
This Privacy Notice applies to LoanShop.
You have the following rights to restrict the sharing of personal and financial information with our affiliates (companies we own or control) and outside companies that we do business with. Nothing in this form prohibits the sharing of information necessary for us to follow the law, as permitted by law, or to give you the best service on your accounts with us. This includes sending you information about some other products or services.
Restrict Information Sharing With Companies We Own or Control (Affiliates): Unless you say “No,” we may share personal and financial information about you with our affiliated companies or subsidiaries.
[ ] NO, please do not share personal and financial information with your affiliated companies or subsidiaries.
Restrict Information Sharing With Other Companies We Do Business With To Provide Financial Products And Services: Unless you say “No,” we may share personal and financial information about you with outside companies we contract with to provide financial products and services.
[ ] NO, please do not share personal and financial information with outside companies you contract with to provide financial products and services.
TIME SENSITIVE REPLY
You may make your privacy choice(s) at any time. Your choice(s) will remain unless you state otherwise. However, if we do not hear from you we may share some of your information with affiliated companies and other companies with whom we have contracts to provide products and services.
To exercise your choices do one of the following:
Please note that in order for us to process your request, the address you provide below must be a California address you’ve given to us in relation to your account.
Last name (please print):________________________________
Mailing Address (if different than the street address):
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated e-mail address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SPECIAL NOTICE TO VERMONT RESIDENTS
We will not share any personal information about you with other Businesses to the extent prohibited by applicable Vermont law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable Vermont law. For purposes of compliance with the Vermont Consumer Protection Act, if you are a resident of the State of Vermont and would like to opt-out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third-party for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com. In addition, under Vermont’s Fair Credit Reporting Statute, 9 V.S.A. Section 2480e, and the Fair Credit Reporting Rule CF 112, each lender is required to obtain your consent prior to assessing a credit report. DPR Systems only performs a soft inquiry and its lenders generally may obtain a soft inquiry prior to posting back an offer, not all lenders will do a soft inquiry and you should not that each form provides that you are providing such express consent upon clicking any “button” for submission of the inquiry and to be matched. While DPR Systems will not perform a hard inquiry into credit, reach each disclosure carefully for each product and/or service sought to ensure you are providing the appropriate consent and that for certain products lenders/providers may in fact perform a hard inquiry of credit and you are providing express consent to the same.
- HOW TO CONTACT US